Monday, August 28, 2006

Ducks in a Row

The exhibit is fast approaching. (November 9th, Baquero Gallery) Not only am I trying to complete more paintings, I am also working closely with the gallery to get all my ducks in a row, so to speak. There will be a point soon when the portfolio needs to be finished, no more paintings to add to it. There's a brochure to create, an artist's statement to tweak, postcards to make, and people to invite. There's more, but it's overwhelming to think of it all at once.

7 comments:

mcoker said...

how exciting! I've always thought ducks were cool. If I dress up as a canvas to the exhibit, will you paint me?

Sarah Hazel said...

Do you quack?

mcoker said...

I've been known to quack a time or two...

Sarah Hazel said...

Hmmm....performance art. I'll think about it.

em said...

Hey congrats on that! I know it's a ton of work, but I bet it will be loads of fun on the evening. I spent the other evening working with some friends on brainstorming some interesting things to do for a show of his (painter)... it was all fun, but oy vey... soooo time-consuming! Best to you on all of that. If you need any help doing mindless things (editing brochure/postcard copy, mailing notes or whatever), I can help!

Sarah Hazel said...

We are putting the brochure together in the next week. I would love some feedback on that before it goes to print. Thanks.

Nils Jonsson said...

Very excited for you!