Wednesday, May 23, 2012

My By Self

When Erin was a wee one and wanted to try something on her own, she would look at us in all seriousness and say, "I do it my by self." We, of course, pulled away and clapped and praised her burgeoning autonomy and newfound skill.

This picture, for me, is that story all grown up. Only a short while ago she was an excited little girl -- I've seen this same expression on her face since she was a little bitty -- and now, Erin has completed her master's degree in clinical social work at the University of Texas. I love that she's made so many personal and professional choices based on her natural inclination toward showing mercy to others. She's an amazing woman. Congratulations, Erin! You did this all your by self.


4 comments:

Kristin said...

Makes me cry, happy tears. Congrats to Erin! I love this....

Sarah Hazel said...

me, too!

erinhazel said...

thanks mom!!! :)

Sarah Hazel said...

Thank YOU Erin!