Monday, September 24, 2012

Fried Chicken Quest

me: I've been researching fried chicken.
Reese: How to make it?
me: No, where to find the best fried chicken in Houston.



As with all quests, I'm excited to see where this one takes us and super excited to taste my way around town. Our first stop was Frenchy's Chicken on Scott Street, not too far from the University of Houston. It came highly recommended from several sources, word of mouth and the great inter web world.

 

To be honest, I wasn't all that impressed with the taste....with the first piece. For whatever reason, the second piece of chicken was much better. By my third piece, I was a devoted fan. Between the Amazing Reese and me and ten pieces of fried chicken goodness, we managed to eat all but two wings and half a breast.


Of course, who isn't a sucker for sweet potato pie? Having pie with a spork on a picnic blanket under a shade tree is just a bonus.


Where do you think we should go next?

No comments: