Monday, July 17, 2006

Art and Soul

Come on, take it. Take another little piece of my heart now baby....

So far it hasn't really hurt to let go of my paintings. But I've purposely not sold any lately because I'm preparing for this solo exhibit, and the gallery said that I need to have 50-ish works ready to show. It feels a little funny to ask for paintings back, so I just haven't sold any (on purpose). The good thing is that I will have enough works with which I am pleased to exhibit.

These paintings all have a little bit of my heart and soul in them. The more I live with them on my walls, the more accustomed I become to their presence. As my daughters are growing into adulthood and leaving the house, and I rejoice with them in their independence, I will also rejoice as these paintings join new collections. So come on take it....take another little piece of my heart now, baby, come on take it!

No comments: