Monday, September 25, 2006

Win/Win

Last week we met with David Baquero of Baquero Gallery to fine tune some points regarding the exhibit in November. We are on track for just about everything, even with all the details that need attention.

When first approached to do an exhibit, I was of course flattered. Then terror set in as I reflected on all the work ahead. The gallery wanted 50 works for a solo exhibit. So, for the last 9 months I have been painting furiously getting ready. Now, feeling sure that things are coming together, paintings and business details, I am actually looking forward to the exhibit.

Who knows how people will respond? That's way beyond my control. I can, however, determine to enjoy the party. If people like the art, great. If people don't like it, well, they don't like it. I've enjoyed the experience either way.

No comments: