Friday, June 10, 2011

Crime Scene

The other day I was looking though a closet trying to find a pair of work boots, and saw this..... well, a version of this. The version I saw was at least the third version of the painting, which makes this one at least the fourth, maybe the fifth version of the same scene.

I don't remember the first time I painted this or even where it is. It's one of the paintings that was troublesome from the beginning. Why? Who knows? But it was. Still is.



It's a mess up close. Even now I'm shaking my head in disbelief....that so much effort could go into something for so little result. (It's probably going back in the closet after it dries.) The only reason I'm not throwing it away or burning it is because the canvas was so dang expensive. It's fancy Belgian linen and the Scottish in me can't bear to waste it.

Daughter Hilary looked at it and said, "You're trying too hard." She's right, but believe me when I say that it looks better now than it did a few days ago. (not saying much)

I'm calling it "Exhibit A."

No comments: