Friday, August 19, 2011

Art Working

There are two things of note in this photograph. To the left of the goofy face, which is also actual left (mirror image), I am holding a small piece of sheet metal. It is provided to artists from Lawndale Art Center to make a retablo for their annual gala. It's become one of my favorite art projects every year. (This is my fifth year to participate.) Also, notice the ceiling in the studio. I finally finished caulking the cracks in the beadboard ceiling! Whew. It took six tubes of caulk and just over two weeks (not working everyday) to finish the job.


The two paintings on the easels are in process. I'm trying to figure out what to do next. (?) I know what I want them to look like, just not sure how to achieve it.


Pottery smashing has begun for my new mosaic project. Every time I do a mosaic (all three of them) I swear that I'll never do another one again. They are complicated, messy, and time consuming, not to mention the wear and tear on my fingertips. The design and idea for this mosaic is only in my head. It's an ambitious project (for me) so I don't feel at liberty to discuss what it will be, yet, because what if it's a complete flop? It happens.


There's one more big art, time consuming project that hopefully will begin next week. It's big. More on that next week.

No comments: