Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Goldilocks

Often before starting work on commissions, I paint something, anything to calm my nerves and if I'm honest, assure myself that yes, I remember how to paint. This is one of those paintings. It's a 14" x 18" oil on linen.

Can't you just imagine this sweet little girl skipping through the woods, finding a 1920's bungalow, walking in as if she owned the place, raiding the refrigerator, leaving ice cream melting on the counter, changing computer passwords, and jumping on the furniture after swinging on the curtains? And can't you then imagine Baby Bear being surprised to find her still asleep in his bed after all of her shenanigans?


The good news is that I have a portrait commission - yay! I've already begun sketching it and will start painting soon. 


4 comments:

Margaret Simon said...

Yes, I can imagine it. This is a precious painting.

Sarah Hazel said...

Thank you! She's a sweetheart.

Kristin said...

Is this a real little Goldilocks that you know? Or did you emerge so beautifully from your wonderful imagination? I love it...I thought this was the commission till I read the entire post.

Sarah Hazel said...

She's as real as you and me and I know her and love her. She's so precious.