Wednesday, February 05, 2014

Window in San Miguel


As a family plus one Spaniard, the only time we made the journey to San Miguel de Allende, Mexico was in 2006. All seven of us piled into the Suburban and drove for two days to get there. We rented a little house on the hill and immersed ourselves in all things Mexico. We shopped in the local market everyday. We walked everywhere. We ate the best, real, authentic Mexican food I've ever eaten in my entire life. By the end of our week, I was even dreaming in Spanish. I loved it!

Window in San Miguel is very typical of the type of architecture that is all over the town. This painting is from a photo that I took on one of our many walks. Maybe we'll go back there some day. I hope so. It's an absolutely charming place.

Window in San Miguel is 11"x 23 1/2, oil on wood.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love this piece, Sarah. And love San Miguel as well. Had the privilege of visiting there more than 20 years ago. Loved the doors.

Sarah Hazel said...

I'm so glad you like the painting. And yes, San Miguel's charm gets under your skin.