Monday, February 03, 2014

Doing Something


Sad to say, it's been two and a half months since I've painted an actual painting. Yes, I've been busy with other things, but that seems like a weak excuse for not pursuing this artistic life. I'd like to make a promise to paint for X number of days in a row, or something, just to kick start an actual, legitimate painting regimen. It's something I did back in 2008 -- 21 days of painting in a row -- the idea being to start a healthy habit. To think of it now, though, it seems like too much of a commitment to add painting everyday to an already full life. But if I don't do something, well, I'll do nothing, which is not good. So, even though I'm not promising to paint for 21 days in a row, I am deciding to do more than nothing, which is something, even if it's as still yet undefined. So, here goes something.  This landscape is 11" x 28" oil on board.

No comments: