Friday, February 24, 2023

The JOY of Eating Ice Cream

oil on linen, 16" x 20"

Oh, the joy of eating ice cream -- does life get any sweeter than this? This is one of those paintings that has been on the back burner for a while, that I wanted to finish before starting my next commission, kind of like making sure that my fingers, heart, and spirit are nimble enough to start the next thing. It is 16" x 20", oil on linen. 

In other news, yesterday was the opening of Masur Museum's 60th Annual Juried Competition exhibit in Monroe, Louisiana where one of my pieces, Three Girls will be on display until May 6th. Of the 1300 submissions for the competition, Three Girls was one of 72 works selected for the show. It was juried by Jovanna Venegas, assistant curator for the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art. (!) The opening reception is on March 9th from 5:30-7:30pm. The Amazing Reese and I will be there for the opening reception and welcome anyone to join us if you happen to live anywhere near Monroe, Louisiana. (I'm so delighted that my precious parents are going to drive over from Jackson, Mississippi to attend the opening!)

Three Girls, oil on linen, 24" x 36"


1 comment:

Mei Ling said...

Your work is so beautiful! Congratulations on being selected for the exhibit. Love both of these pieces ❤️