Monday, April 21, 2008

The Rose Garden

My friend Joan and I painted together in the Rose Garden one week ago. This is another of the 10" x 8" paintings I've done recently.

The weather was lovely, a little on the chilly side for April in Houston. It would have been HOT if we had gone today. The last time I painted outside the wind blew the canvas right off the easel. That painting still has bits of the Japanese Garden embedded on it's surface.

The Amazing Reese reminded me about a useful tool he had created for me a while back. It's a little viewfinder that I can adjust depending on the size of the canvas. For instance, for an 8" x 10" canvas, one pushes or pulls in the sides so that the artist can focus on what will actually fit on the canvas. Because of this contraption, I was able to immediately focus on what to paint. Thank you, Reese.

No comments: