Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Daffodils


Every time I see daffodils, it reminds me of the following quote from the movie, Big Fish.
Amos Calloway: Her favorite flower is daffodils.
Young Ed Bloom: Daffodils. [smiles]
Can there possibly be a happier flower? Doesn't everyone love daffodils? It wasn't the first year that I've planted daffodils in the garden, but it's certainly been the best year for blooms. Not only the daffodils, but everything in the garden is blooming out the wazoo. Oh, and by the way, in case the reader has forgotten, yellow is my favorite color.

In order to paint as many spring flowers as possible, rather than taking more time to paint a larger painting, I thought that smaller canvases might help the the cause. In this case, the longer a painting takes to complete, the likelier the flowers will have dropped their blooms. So, these are small paintings, 5"x7" and 6"x6". The smallest painting I had done up to this point was 8"x10." Hopefully, I'll have time this week to get to other blooms and other canvases.

No comments: