Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Tori Tori Tori

For those who did not put your name in the hat, about three weeks ago I offered one of my paintings as a freebie to a blog reader. Tori, the young lady who won, is a sophomore at the University of Texas. I was delighted to recently discover that she is a regular blog reader of mine, in addition to her university studies. Everyone who entered (and didn't win) was sent a courtesy e-mail. I couldn't have been more pleased by the encouraging and delightful replies.

Here are a few of the many wonderful responses that you said when you heard that Tori won....

Hey, that is cool that it went to a student! Good to encourage those young collectors...

Congratulations to the winner of your painting!! That was such a fun idea!

It was my privilege to put my name in the hat! You have many disappointed "runners up" and one very excited winner! What a fun idea--and you got all of our hearts racing faster for a few days.

It was a fun idea, and I'm sure the gal who won is absolutely thrilled!

Tori will have an awesome keepsake to forever remember you and your art by. I bet it also serves as an inspiration and bookmark to her own life when she receives it.

That is so cool. I had been praying that someone would win your painting who really needed encouragement. It was fun to watch people's responses.


Tori oozes grace, confidence, and joie de vivre. The natural talent of hers of which I'm most familiar is her clear alluring alto voice. She sings a groovy Danke Schoen.

(In case it's not obvious, the photo at top is the actual name selection. The hat is a new-ish linen Panama style hat with an almost three inch brim.)

No comments: