Friday, June 25, 2010

Wine, Roses, and Gardenias

One of my favorite things in the whole wide world is visiting with people, especially in our home. Earlier this week, we hosted a wine and cheese get together at our house for a small group of people from our church. I enjoy a glass of wine at the end of the day, and I love cheeses, especially cheeses of Nazareth. Bad joke, I know, but it's so much funnier after a glass or two of wine.


These little paintings were painted in preparation for the First Saturday Arts Market on July 3rd.

Roses 5" x 7" oil on linen

 Roses 6" x 8" oil on linen


Gardenias, 8" x 8" oil on canvas

This is a re-worked apple painting from last January. It confounded me before, and now it pleases me.

8" x 10", oil on linen
Another re-worked apple painting...I added more punch to the colors. 4" x 6" oil on canvas


And this one is one that I originally painted in early 2005, and now have completely re-worked it. This aspen tree painting is a 16" x 20" oil on canvas.







After a recent rejection by the art establishment, it was especially nice to get glowing feedback from the Erin who posed for a portrait last week. She said,
Wow! I am amazed. It totally looks like me and you don't give yourself enough credit. You're such a gifted artist that if I didn't know you I literally would not believe that you'd only been doing this for the last five years.
Thank you, Erin. It is nice to get positive feedback.

2 comments:

beth said...

Wow -- did you sell the one of the trees? Are they birch? I love it. Any chance it's still for sale?

Sarah Hazel said...

Turns out that the art market event cancelled because of bad weather, and the aspen tree (similar to birch) painting is still available. It's yours if you want it.