Friday, January 24, 2014

Blue Hairdo

Lawndale Art Center's Hair Ball is tomorrow night. For weeks I've been trying to figure out how to fix my hair for this event, but for some reason have been in a creative mind slump, and consequently, have had no idea what to do with my do.

After visiting a gazillion stores looking for inspiration, yesterday, at the suggestion of a friend, I wandered through the aisles at a local craft store.....


where I found pipe cleaners,


feather boas, yarn....


and a couple of hours later -- voila! It's certainly not perfect. As I was starting to take it all apart to completely re-do it last night, a friend invited me over for a glass of wine. It's funny how quickly I decided that it was indeed finished. We'll see if this is what I go with or not tomorrow night. Stay tuned!



No comments: