Monday, January 27, 2014

The Hair Ball

Much to the delight of everyone in attendance, Lawndale Art Center's Hair Ball was a hair raising success last Saturday night. It was a privilege to be a part of the host committee for the evening -- my "job" was made easy by a wonderful group of friends who volunteered to help, and by the kind-hearted Emily Link who did the lion's share of coordinating said volunteers.


Reese and I arrived early -- he rocked his cornrows while I sported the blue feather boa hair-do so recently created.  Our picture was included in two Houston publications (which was fun to see) -- Culture Map (photo 15) and the Houston Chronicle (photo 11).



My dear, sweet friend Diane was there and looked like a diva in her gold lame jumpsuit and red hair wig. Isn't she cute?


And this:  I can't tell you how many times over the last 29 years I have seen the Amazing Reese bust this move on the dance floor. It is, however, to the best of my knowledge, the only time this move has been captured on camera for generations to enjoy. He's still got the moves....and my heart.

No comments: