Friday, March 11, 2011

Heart Break


Daughter Anna suggested taking a break from the BIG HEART to give myself some breathing room. She knew I needed it. Almost all of my mental energy, waking hours and even my dreams have been devoted to the big heart project. (OK, that's not entirely true. It just seems like it. I have actually dreamed about it though....several times.) So, at Anna's suggestion, and because the red bud trees are already starting to lose their blooms and put on leaves, I took the break from the big heart to paint en plein air -- in the back yard.


It was incredibly refreshing to temporarily change direction. (Right after this photo was taken, a gentle breeze blew the canvas off the easel. Had to repaint some of it.)

The big heart is really close to being finished.....really really close.

No comments: