Monday, August 02, 2010

Misunderestimated

Misunderstood + underestimated = misunderestimated. It's not a real word, but should be. For instance, I misunderestimated the amount of time and effort required for my latest portrait commission. At this point, I'm seriously considering starting over as it's not going well.

Also, even though I've lived in Houston for 25 years, I misunderestimated the heat this summer. The suburban has been unreliable transportation so the bike has played an important role in mobility. It's hot out there folks.

But what's to be done when society misunderestimates their fellow man? When they misunderestimate the love and compassion of a husband? Or when they misunderestimate the commitment of a wife? When people groups and ideas collide, who's misunderestimating whom?

No comments: