Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Reuben

The beauty of this painting? Reuben will never see it. Because of the enormous amount of trouble I'm having with my newest latest portrait commission, I painted Reuben as a confidence builder.

As mentioned before, portrait commissions are difficult for several reasons....the artist, first and foremost, has to please the person who commissioned the painting, the artist has to please the subject of the painting, and the artist has to please, in my case, herself.

Reuben did not commission me to paint this. Reuben will never see this painting. And, even in this state, (not sure what to do about the background,) I like it.


The portrait commission? It has hit another snag. I'm getting ready to start a third version and see how that goes. Oh, well.

No comments: