Thursday, January 05, 2012

Time + Focus =


It's a 32" x 40" oil on linen painting of some trees within walking distance of our house. The Amazing Reese and I sometimes sit at some cafe tables near these trees, have a drink, and talk about ideas, people we love, and events in our lives.

I started working on this painting last summer. It sat on my easel for months waiting, waiting, and waiting for me to figure out what to do with it. I'm glad it took this long to get it done. It wouldn't have looked like this if I had worked on it before now, and it would have frustrated me that it didn't look like what I envisioned, which I didn't even entirely know what that vision was until yesterday. It somehow became unlocked from the deep crevices of my brain.

This is it.

What a blessing it has been to paint again.

No comments: