Tuesday, January 24, 2012

A Surface Issue

Long time friend and fellow artist, Lisa, graciously agreed to come over to the house and give me a tutorial on how to use the glass cutting tool that she recommended in order for me to make a glass tile mosaic.


Basically, I learned that it's going to take a LONG time to finish this project, especially considering that the surface area I'm working on is cardboard.....not that there's anything wrong with cardboard, it's just that it isn't conducive to permanency as a table top.



Originally, I thought that quarter inch plywood would be the right thickness for the table top, but it is now apparent that half inch plywood will be sturdier and therefore better for this. In the meantime, tile color selection for the table top is well under way, in spite of other commitments.....which is interesting, because EVERYONE said that once our kids were grown, that time would be all mine. It's a lie. OK, theoretically time is mine and always has been, but in actuality, time is for walking the dog, enjoying the neighbors, cooking, cleaning, vacuuming, laundry, winding down at the end of the day, and occasionally, there is discretionary time to devote in the art studio. Maybe I need a course in time management? Or maybe, this is what life is supposed to be. Yep, that's what I'm going with, because all in all, this life I'm living with the Amazing Reese here on Addison Road is pretty sweet.

No comments: