Friday, February 22, 2008

Mostly Finished



"Hilary Holding the Baby" is mostly finished. It will dry for a while before I do anything to it again, if ever. I re-worked the baby's dress and added highlights to Hilary's hair. I also added some lighter skin tones in the baby's face to round it out a bit.

The baby is the much loved and prayed for adopted daughter of our dear friends, Joan and Kevin. Every time I see her I am amazed at how much she resembles her parents.

A few Sunday's ago, we visited the St Paul's United Methodist Church where Hilary sings in their choral scholars program. During the service, there was a baptism. Reese and I were especially moved by the congregants response, which I would like to repeat over this precious one.

"With God's help, we will so order our lives by the example of Christ, that this precious one, surrounded by steadfast love, may be established in the faith, and confirmed and strengthened in the way that leads to eternal life."

1 comment:

Missy said...

Oh, wow, that gave me a flashback. I was Methodist pre-marriage and that is what we said at every baptism. Beautiful, isn't it?

Love the picture. And I love adopted babies!