Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Unfinished



On Monday and Tuesday, all housework was abandoned in favor of painting. It dawned on me that it was the first time using my new pallette. For Christmas, Reese had a glass top cut to fit the desk in the studio. The entire desk top can now be used as a pallette. It's great. What's a little sad, though, is that it's been so long since I last painted. Two months (since I last painted) is too long to wait.

This painting will have some wispy highlights added to the hair of the young lady, and I am thinking about changing the color of the baby's dress. Even though I generally avoid adding details in my paintings, this one will need a few other minor adjustments before it's finished.

There was a modest internal struggle over whether or not to post this photo since it's a work in progress.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sarah,
This is lovely, the baby is so precious. You are so good at figures. What about adding a little detail or pattern in the baby's outfit for color instead of changing the whole color of the outfit?
I can not believe it's been 2 months since you've painted. That's too long, we'll have to talk about that!
Joan

Sarah Hazel said...

That's a great idea. Already I wasn't looking forward to re-painting the dress.

Anonymous said...

I thought as much! It's no fun to repaint anything. I do it enough, I ought to know.
Joan

erinhazel said...

beautiful, momma. just lovely.