Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Tara-fied

Warning: This blog entry contains cheese.

It's only Wednesday. Logically, that means that there's still time to accomplish something useful and purposeful this week -- at least as far as art is concerned. Today, however, accomplishment seems like an unattainable goal. These last three days have been filled with painting, and wiping it off, painting, more wiping off, more painting, and even more wiping off the painting. I've got absolutely nothing to show for three solid days work....oh, and that's not counting last weekend. It's a tad bit discouraging.

On good days, there's nothing better than painting. It becomes part of me; part of my soul; it becomes my home...if only I could think of some way to get that lovin' feelin' back.

To grossly paraphrase Scarlett O'Hara (please read with a syrupy Suthun' accent), "I'm Tara-fied. What if I can't find my muse again? Home. I'll go home, and I'll think of some way to get that lovin' feelin' for the artistic process back. After all, tomorrow is another day."

That's right, Scarlett, tomorrow is another day...and it also just so happens to be the day that I'll announce the winner of the camellia painting. Want to add your name to the list?

1 comment:

Missy said...

Sarah, Walker's uncle Dan just started a blog I think you will like -

http://shadetolight.blogspot.com/